August 5, 2020

Quilt 151: Oh Baby! Charm Squares On Point

My friend Suzanne just became a grandmother last week.  She's been so excited about this baby, and her joy is just contagious.  So of course I made a baby quilt for little "Violet".

I've made this simple, easy on-point design several times now.  Violet's mum is especially fond of grey and pink - and this charm square set has a couple of soft dove prints and lots of pink, so it was an obvious choice.

48" x 48" - bamboo batting - quilted on the longarm

The stitch pattern I selected for the quilting is a simple "bubble" pattern, and I used a dove-grey thread for the top and white thread in the bobbin (which fades nicely into the white-and-green printed backing fabric.
As Melbourne, Australia, is currently in "lockdown" due to the COVID-19 virus, I wasn't able to deliver the quilt in person (Suzanne lives about an hour's drive from my house), so I posted the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment