November 23, 2016

Quilt 79: Moda "Pink" Charm Squares

And yet again... another "charm square" quickie quilt. I'm rushing a bit now, as I set a goal for myself at the start of the year to do one quilt a month (minimum) for the "Inspirational Quilts" charity - and I'm behind. So here's anothe.

This one is done with Moda's "Quilt Pink" charm square packet:

And here's the design:
And here's the finished quilt!
53" x 66" - quilted on the longarm (free motion loop-d-loops) - 100% cotton batting
And here's a close-up of the backing (the solid pastel mint green) and the binding/borders - showing my "loop-d-loop" free-motion work.

It only took me 2 hours to do the quilting - so I KNOW I'm getting faster.  Actually - I'm quilting about as fast as I dare, suspecting that going any faster than I did on this quilt might actually cause the needle to heat up too much.
Looking back on the other charm-square quilts I've done, I have to say that I generally prefer the borders to be solids which pull out colours from the prints - this one, however, I do like the pink printed border (the fabric matches one of the squares - see the one in the upper left of the center?).

So this one is done, and handed over to my good friend Jen (who lives near Nancy of Inspirational Quilts - Jen is my "quilt courier" - thanks, Jen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment