April 9, 2017

Why there's no quilting post this week

... partly because I was legitimately overly busy from last Tuesday on - but then...
...24 hours ago, Telstra (telecommunications provider here in Australia) released a new dangerous virus called: "Liz with an iPhone"
Be afraid, my friends, be very afraid.
Just ask Doris - who got unintended phone calls from me last night because for some reason when I wanted to read her text messages, my phone started dialing her mobile and I couldn't figure out how to stop the call. I've been looking at this today and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Oh wait... no... just realized what I did wrong.
-whew- 
(Doris, darling, you are safe... for now...)
And ask Diane, who had to come over and point out to me last night that she could hear (on HER phone) a private conversation I was having because of something I did with my phone... (I'm still wondering what that was - but hoping Diane will straighten me out the next time I see her).
I've discovered the indescribable joy of exploring all the possible ringtones. 
This takes time. LOTS of time. (Sorry hubby, we're having takeaway tonight because I got, uh... tied up with something)
I really like "Sci Fi", at least I do here in the privacy of my office.  But now I'm talking myself out of using it for my ringtone because if I get a call when I'm out in public and my phone does that, I'm going to die of embarrassment. The same goes for "Piano Riff" (sounds like the beginning of the song "Bad to the Bone").
Oh, hell, I like "Bad to the Bone". Select and save "Piano Rift". 
Did I set it up right?  I dial my mobile from the house phone and yes... I'm "b-b-b-b Bad to the Bone".
Now on to the "Safari" browser and looking at emails on my Hotmail account. Hm... signed in, but can't find out how to log out. I think I've entered the Hotel California... ("you can never leave"). OK - so let's turn the phone off... now back on.. and yup. Looks like I'm logged out of Hotmail now. (whew!)
I found a 90-minute "iPhone for beginners" video y'day. Guess I should go watch that thing now because, when all else fails: read the instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment