I decided "3-d windows" would work well, as long as I cut the fabric in a way that the windows would show different groupings of animals. Doing that was a bit challenging, but I managed it.
Here it is on the longarm (below). It's the largest quilt I've done on the longarm to-date.
Last year I got several meters of a gum-tree print - and used that as one of the borders. Cutting along the selvage, I was able to get a single border strip without having any seams interrupting the flow of the branches:
Below is the backing, showing the "blustery breeze" stitch pattern. And, as you can see from the photo above and below, I bound the quilt with the gum tree print.
|52" x 76" - polyester batting - quilted on the longarm ("blustery breeze" groovy board)|
Hubby Stephen had to really stretch to hold this one up!