October 4, 2017

Quilt 94 - Squares of Sharon - Summer Strips - DONE!

This was my first quilt on the new Bernina longarm. 

I was simply astounded at how fast this one was quilted - I think something like 2.5 hours is all it took.  That's due to two things:

  1. "Bernie" handles speed a lot better than Matilda (my Handi Quilter longarm)
  2. Bernie has a 24" throat, where Matilda is 18" - that extra 6" means I can quilt more without having to stop and advance the quilt on the frame.
Here it is - mounted on the longarm.

Somehow I failed to make note of the name of the jelly roll and manufacturer that I used to make this "Squares of Sharon" quilt.  I'll just call it "Summer Strips" - and I think it was a Moda set (but can't swear to it, and the shop I bought it from doesn't have any more of those jelly rolls).

Anyway - here it is:

54" x 66" - quilted on the longarm (free motion and ruler) - cotton batting
I don't often take photos of an entire back - but this one turned out really well, with the cream thread contrasting on the solid dark green backing:
(As always - double click the photo to see a larger image)
Here's a closeup of the front so you can see the delicate wildflower prints.
And a closeup of the backing.
So I'm off and running with the Bernina!  Watch out, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment