July 27, 2018

Bernie's Back In Business!

Many thanks to Brad and Shelly (of Shepparton Sewing Centre - the dealer I bought my Bernina longarm from). I contacted Shelly right away and she was just an angel, arranging for Brad to come here this past week and fix up "Bernie" for me.

As it turned out, the problem was caused by my not pulling through the bottom thread before stitching.  Now, I've done that many times when just playing around and experimenting, never had a problem.  Brad assured me it's rare, but sometimes the bottom thread can get jammed up in the bobbin mechanism and cause a timing issue.  And that's what happened to me.

Well - you can bet I'll never make THAT mistake again.

It turned out for the best, because Bernie was due for periodic maintenance anyway, so Brad went ahead and did that while he was here (it only took 10 minutes to clear the thread jam).

So the thread jam is cleared, I've learned an important (if somewhat expensive) lesson, and Bernie got herself a lube job.

All good!

No comments:

Post a Comment