February 3, 2019

Quilt 138 - Rainbow Pinwheels - DONE!

I'd had two sets of this charm pack for about a year.  I love the colours, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them:
 Half-square triangles to the rescue!  I framed them in a lattice of solid black homespun and then got somewhat stuck, wanting a couple of borders to extend the size of the quilt, but not sure what to put there.  I ended up with 2 shades of green and am very pleased with how it turned out.
55" x 65" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic - bamboo batting
 The Q-Matic didn't come with a stipping pattern that I liked - but I found this one from Urban Elementz:
I opted for a medium grey thread - which displays the quilting nicely but doesn't overwhelm or clash with any of the colours in the blocks.
Stippling is a great quilting pattern - it's incredibly versatile
 And here's a closeup of a couple of the blocks.
It turned out really well - very cheery and colourful!

No comments:

Post a Comment