July 15, 2020

Quilting for a Friend

Well... obviously I haven't done much quilting work for some time now.  I'm gradually getting back there.

In the meantime, I do have something to show you.  My lovely friend Babs is an amazing quilter - and she recently finished a top for a quilt she's doing for her grandson.  She's been having her quilts professionally quilted - which I didn't know until recently.  But when she mentioned this, I said, hey!  I'll do it for you!  I feel honored that she trusted her quilt to me - and here's how it turned out:

60" x 80" beautiful applique quilt
(double click the photo to view a larger image)


She's an amazing artist, and everything she does is stunning, including this gorgeous applique quilt.  Her grandson loves motorcycles and just look at all the hand work she's put into this!  All of those panels with the white background are applique designs.  Little Tyler is going to be loving this quilt; you can bet on that!

Babs selectedthe Panto_Square Meander quilt design:
And, as you can see from the photo below, it just married up really well with her quilt top.

She selected white thread - and it turned out great.  The squares in the quilting reflect the squares in the quilt design and the white thread just disappears inside the white-background applique segments.  All good!

No comments:

Post a Comment