December 9, 2015

Quilt 49: Splish-Splash (Girl's Version)

In October I whipped up a quilt using charm squares ("Splish Splash" by Moda).  I had enough left over to do a second one with the same design.
And I opted to use the same design:
(click any picture on this page to view a larger image)

I put blue and green borders on the first one. On this one I used orange and hot pink, a more "girly" version of the same design.  Here it is, all pieced and ready to quilt:

I quilted the first one with "Baptist Fan" as the design - but opted to do this one using "Simply Stipple" instead and yes... even as I found with the Tulip Garden design (last week's post), the stippling really looks much better. than the "fan".
I used yellow thread on this one to help ensure the quilting wouldn't stand out too much,
as yellow is the predominant colour on this one. I'm very pleased with the result

And here's the backing (solid orange).

And there you have it - another quilt for "Inspirational Quilts"!

No comments:

Post a Comment