July 1, 2015

Quilt 32: Antique Rose (charm squares) Baby Quilt (Done)

I've been looking at these charm squares for months and months. I just love the prints, but didn't really want anything made with is for myself. I'd made a baby blanket for my friend Kay's granddaughter, and thought, why not make another one? I knew Kay would adore the prints in these squares.

So I took a chance and grabbed three packets.  As it always does with these projects, it took longer to decide how to arrange the squares than it did to actually stitch them together. Once I got the squares together (below) I showed the project to Kay and, well, she loves it.

I opted for a mint-green print as the border (below).

And here we go - stitching on the longarm.

I'm getting much better with the longarm, and it only took about 3 hours to complete the quilting. And, unlike the other baby blanket, I kept the rows closer together, so there's no obvious gap between them.

Done!

And here's the backing (and the binding, which matches the outer border on the top):
I've really enjoyed making the baby blankets. They are quick, fun to make, and very satisfying to do. Kay collected this one y'day, and the delight on her face really made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment