July 8, 2015

Tension

I'm having a ball powering through all these projects. WHAT FUN!  But I quickly worked my way through the ones that were ready for the longarm. So I'm back to my regular sewing machine, trying to work up another backlog of tops.

Things were going great - but suddenly the tension on my sewing machine went out. I opened the machine up, checked for buildups of lint, made sure it was oiled properly, then went on. It was OK for a while, but not for long. I finally realized I was going to have to take it in for repair and servicing.

I took it to the service center and was told it would be two weeks (maybe longer?) before it would be done.

Agony!  But what choice to I have?  None, of course. I filled out the paperwork and left the machine.

But - hey... the angels smiled!  Spotlight was having a special on "portable sewing machines". A low-end basic machine from Brother -and at a price so low I had to look twice before I believed it.

"Little Brother"
I thought about it a bit - but the price really was low, so I went ahead. It's certainly a no-frills machine, but all I really need is straight stitching right now.
Like I said: no-frills.  That's OK.  All I really need is stitch number 8.
So my machine is in the shop. I hope it isn't in longer than the predicted 2 weeks, but at least I'm back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment