Well, those three gorgeous blue/white/green prints have been sitting in my UFO closet ever since. I've not had any idea how I might use them. But my friend and neighbor Anna visited a while back - to check out the new longarm, and when I showed her the fabric stash she just went wild for those prints. So we agreed I'd make quilt for her.
What we agreed to was initially a use of all 3 prints on the top. The soft blue/green fern leaves in blocks surrounded by a lattice made of the "shamrock green" print, and the large tsunami white and blue print as the border. But once I got into it, I realized we'd made a mistake. That tsunami print was going to do a "number" on the more delicate greens and blues of the other 2 fabrics.
After swapping a couple of emails, Anna ageed.
Discussed how to approach it all, and came up with something like this:
|Well... I'm really sorry... this probably looks a bit confusing.|
The blue and green blocks in the center are the leafy/ferny prints. The green
lattice is the shamrock. The outer border is meant to be the tsunami print.
Here are the photos I sent her:
With the tsunami:
Anna trusted me, and thank heavens she did. We used that fabulous tsunami print for the backing - where it was away from the delicate ferns of the top.
Here's the top after piecing it: