August 5, 2015

Quilt 23: Tablerunner for Kathy and Katherine - DONE!

During their visit to Australia last January, my friends picked out some fabric for a table runner. The main print (turquiose background with flowers) is lovely - and the flowers are all Australian natives - so it will make a really nice souvenier.

I debated for a while on whether to quilt this by hand or by machine. In the end, decided to do it on the longarm. I'm pleased with how it came out:

(click the picture above to see a larger image)
I did free-motion quilting on this one, and opted to use dark green thread. Hm.. looking at it now, I'm thinking it might have been interesting to do the block centers in turquoise thread and green thread on the rest of it. 

This was a very fun project to do. I think I'll go through my scrap stash and see what other tablerunners I can whip up.

No comments:

Post a Comment