September 23, 2015

Quilt 40: Chinese Peonies

I was visiting my cousin in Florida back in 2012 - and she took me to her favorite quilt shop. Oh - did we have fun!  And while there, I bought this kit:


There are three different fabrics in the kit - the printed panel (Chinese Peonies), a small amount of green (to border the panel - showing below), and a large peony print for the outer border.
Here's the printed panel on it's own.
I love the bright colours - just couldn't resist it!

And look at the little bird flying above the flowers. CHARMING!
(click the photo above for a larger image)

It took no time at all to put it all together - less than an hour, really!
The photos don't do it justice, of course, especially the red. It looks a little "tomato-y" in the photo, but it's not really like that. It's a deep, clear, rich red.  The photo below is a bit better:
I'm backing and binding it with solid black fabric. Now to decide what colour thread to use. At first black seemed the best choice - but then I saw a similar quilt hanging in my favorite quilt shop here in Australia - and that one was stitched in gold - GORGEOUS!  So gold it will be.  And I'll use the "Baptist Fan" groovy board for the stitch pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment