September 19, 2012

The Quilting Gene - the Next Generation

Happy Birthday today to my neice Audrey - she turns 5 today.

I'm planning a trip to the US soon and will be catching up with her. She's a little young for quilting, but even at 5 has shown some interest - and it's terribly sweet. You see, my mother has moved into a retirement unit, leaving her big old house forever. As part of the move she had to get rid of a few things, including some quilts. My sister-in-law tells me that little Audrey adores her grandmother's quilts, and has asked to keep them.

Now is that sweet or what?

And me... I'm seeing this as a sign that little Audrey has inherited the "quilting gene" (which was the subject of my very first post on this blog).

Good onya, Audrey!  And happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment