But it's done now - and I'm thrilled with the result.
The fabric has narrow stripes in green, gold, orange, and maroon, highlighted with glittery gold lines between them. The gold really sparkles. Wanting to maximize the effect of the strips, we opted for "Squares of Sharon" blocks, which turned out just stunning using only that one fabric (but cut at 2 angles, to create a kind of prism effect. (When I made my first Squares of Sharon quilt, I posted a tutorial showing how to do it - click here to see that tutorial post)
Here's the quilt on the longarm - In this picture, you can just see some of the sparkle of the gold. I tried and tried to get a photo that would show that sparkle - but neither my phone or camera really catch that glint.
|(double click the photo to see a larger image)|
|54" x 66" - quilted on the longarm (free-motion loop-d-loops) - polyester batting|
The quilt is finished now, and I'll pop it in the mail to Carolyn early next week. It will reach her just in time: it's starting to get cold up there in Ohio now, and I love the mental image I have of her curled up under this quilt with a good book!