He's mad for soccer, so we opted for a bold design using a soccer print. Here's the design:
|My design software didn't have a print with soccer balls on it, so I've substituted.|
I'm loving this quilt already, and am just amazed at how quickly it's coming together.
And here's the assembled top with the borders on it. When I reached this stage, I realized I had a big problem. As must as I tried not to pull or stretch out the borders - they did get stretched a bit, which you can see here because the quilt top isn't hanging straight up and down, but is waving at the bottom. That's because the final border (the red) did stretch out ever so slightly as I was putting it on.
Going to be some serious "easing in" to do on this one as I tack down the edges on the longarm.