October 2, 2013

Quilt 18: Tutty Fruity Table Runner

OK... so Quilt 17 handles the "tutty fruity" charm squares I'm not all that enamored of. Now for a table runner with some of the other squares. NO WORRIES! I placed the solid black calico on my bed and set out squares I thought would look good in the table runner. Again - I'm using a handful of squares that just don't quite, quite blend in with the rest of the set.

Here's the same squares, but in a different arrangement. I was moving the squares around trying to decide if I liked them neatly paired up with like-prints, or scrambled. Hmm....
I think I'm partial to the version (the scond one) where they are paired up with the same print. Now to decide how wide to make the lattice between the squares (I don't really want the squares against each other as in the placemats...). Here's a narrow version:

And here's a wider lattice.

Hmmmm...  I'm running hot and cold on this one... thinking the first one (the narrower one) is the way to go.  Yes.  And probably a narrow band of black as a border around the entire table runner.

I'm not going to actually piece this one just yet.  No... I'm getting too excited about Quilt 19...

No comments:

Post a Comment