October 7, 2015

Quilt 41: Japanese Butterflies - DONE!

Here's another panel kit purchased back in 2012 when I visited my cousin in Florida. Like the other one, this has a center panel and 2 coordinating fabrics to go with it.

Here's just the panel. Isn't it gorgeous?

I added the coordinating fabrics as the kit instructions indicated, although I did make the flower border about an inch wider than instructed (there was plenty of fabric). I bought a coordinating pink solid for the backing, and added a strip of that as a final outer border.  Here it is on the longarm, ready for quilting:

And the finished quilt!
The binding is made from leftover fabric from that wide floral border. The batting is 100% cotton, and the quilt stitching is done in a gold cotton using the "Baptist Fan" groovy boards. 

The finished dimensions are 45"x63".
I sent a photo of it to Nancy, the contact person for "Inspirational Quilts" and asked if she'd like to have this one for her charity group. She responded saying she's sure she'll be able to find a good home for it. I couldn't be happier.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment