July 13, 2016

Quilt 65: Jelly Roll Race - Bali Sunset - DONE!

Another Jelly Roll Race quilt!

I've had this Jelly Roll for a while - just love the bright, cheery oranges and reds - but couldn't think of what to make with it.  So why not a "Race" quilt?

Just like that first "Jelly Roll Race" quilt I made, this one went together in no time.  This one is a little less "structured" in appearance, but that's OK - I still like it!
Finished size: 46" x 61" - 100% cotton batting, quilted on the longarm
And here's a glimpse of the back, showing the stitching in bright buttery yellow (which was done with my "Blustery Breeze" groovy boards):
The first "Race" quilt I did had a more varied palette, in terms of colours - and I think it turned out a bit nicer.  This is nice, don't get me wrong, but I like this kind of quilt with a greater mix of colours.

What photos don't tell you is how this one feels.  The "bali pop" fabric is 100% cotton - but very fine and incredibly soft.  You run your hand over the fabric and just go "oooooooOOOOoooo".  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment