March 1, 2017

Quilt 25: Jelly Roll Blues - DONE!

What?  Quilt 25?

Yes.

Back in July 2012, I started a quilt with a couple of blue jelly rolls I found on sale at Spotlight.  I'd originally envisioned an on-point design:



But I lost interest in the project, and it disappeared into my UFO closet.  I came across it last month while hunting for something else and decided to go ahead and finish it - but not as on-point.  Instead, I joined the log-cabin blocks and made it into a simple square.

Here it is on the longarm:
 Doing simple "loop-d-loops", the quilting didn't take long at all - and here's the finished quilt:

51" x 51" - quilted on the longarm (free motion loop-d-loops) - cotton batting
The backing is solid blue homespun, and the medium-blue thread shows up nicely there, but fades into the top:
It's a simple quilt, but I really enjoyed making it.  This one will probably go to "Inspirational Quilts"; it's a nice size for a small child.

No comments:

Post a Comment