March 14, 2018

Quilt 20: Christmas Charm Squares - DONE! (FINALLY!)

"Wait!" you say, "How did we get from quilt 103 to quilt 20?"

Well - yeah.  I started this one back in 2013 - a queen-sized bedspread of Christmas charm squares. Originally I'd planned to hand-quilt it, but then the longarm came along and I was swept up by the absolute bliss of being able to complete my projects at lightning speed.  I decided I wanted to quilt this by machine, but the longarm I had then was on an 8-foot frame - not wide enough to accommodate this project.  So the top (photographed below way back then) was folded up and slipped into a pillowcase to wait for the day when I'd have a longarm with a frame wide enough to hold it.

That day came on July 21, 2017, when I happily welcomed my new longarm machine - "Bernie" - which has a 12' frame.
92" x 112" - quilted on the longarm ("Simply Stippling" groovy boards), cotton batting
 Here's a closeup of some of the squares;:
The background fabric is a soft white and gold floral/feathers print.  It's not exactly a Christmas print, but it's soft enough that you don't really notice and, well, it's the back of a bedspread, so won't be seen much anyway.
So it took me about 4 years to do this one... but it's DONE!  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment