February 23, 2011

Pick Yer Poison (more on reconstruction)

Now I won't kid you - this breast cancer, mastectomy, and breast reconstruction "cha-cha" has not been fun. No sirreee.

But... as woman who has always had a small chest (never more than a small "B" cup, even when I was at my heaviest weight) I can tell you that there is one "silver lining" here - and that is the little word:

UPGRADE!

Yes - since I'm doing this breast-expanders thing anyway, why not go for something a little more, uh, bodacious?

SURE!

So Dr. Gillian inflated me up to a lovely, curvy "C" cup. Oh.. how divine, especially since I found that the more "full" the expanders were, the more comfortable they were. But why stop at "C"? Why not go all the way?

WHY NOT?

So I Did.

I went to the max - "D" cups. Oh... mymymymymymy.... I love it. Can't resist checking myself out anytime I'm near a reflective surface. Oo la la! And... when I look down... I can't see my feet anymore. Why? There's considerable acreage in the way (no, not FAT... Brrrrrreasts!)

To be honest, Dr. Gillian warned me that this size might be too much. I've been way overweight, you see, and have been steadily (although slowly) losing weight for some time. Today I'm a dress size 18 (well, the lower end of 18... approaching 16 now). "D" cups at size 18 are pretty big. Hubby says I've got enough saline in me to make me responsive to the phases of the moon (smart arse that he is...). Anyway... these lovely "size 18 D cup" breasts will never get smaller, no matter how much weight I loose.

I did my research. The same "D" cups at size 18 (if they don't shrink - and mine won't) become "DD" size once you hit size 14 and lower.

OOps.

Too big? Have I gone too far?

NAH!

I love the curves - and if I end up voluptuous, well, eat yer heart out!

It's been a week now since my surgery. How did it go? I'll tell you more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment