October 26, 2011

What's Black and White and Re[a]d All Over?

My book - I HOPE!

OK... going "off topic" this week - I want to tell you about my new book, which was launched last week and is now available on Amazon.com!


Flying Over the Rainbow is a collection of stories about my experiences in moving to Australia and living in the middle of a temperate rainforest. I've been here since 2006 and have found it to be an amazing experience. We have kookaburras, koalas, magpies, and a host of other fascinating wild animals that live in the forest surrounding our home. Wild parrots, which have lost much of their fear of humans, visit our home on a daily basis. In addition to the native wildlife, there's a certain amount of "wildlife" inside the house, too! Our pet birds (a Blue and Gold Macaw, Green Cheeked Conures, Eclectus Parrot, and a canary) keep me in stitches, and I've included a couple of stories about their exploits.

So whether it's wildlife, birds and parrots, or Australia that excites your imagination, you'll enjoy this book.
Click the cover (above) to go to the book's page on Amazon.com - and if you'd like to see some excerpts from the book, click here.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting it published and into the shops! I hope it does well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie! So far, so good. It's selling briskly on Amazon. Started taking orders at local shops y'day and the shop owners are very enthusiastic.

    ReplyDelete