March 28, 2012

Golden Dragons

Several months ago, I found the most gorgeous purple-and-gold calico at one of my favorite shops. It has a Chinese design of gold dragons whipping around a purple sky. I fell in love with it instantly and bought a meter so that I'd have it. It's been in my UFO closet since then.

I still don't have a design for it, but today was back in that same shop and found a couple of coordinating fabrics that look great with it. I bought a meter of each. Here's a photo of all 4 pieces, with the original dragon print on the right:


All four fabrics have shiny gold on them. My camera's flash wiped out the gold print (second from the left), but here's a closeup photo showing the design on that one:


Still no design, but I'm happy now that I've got a well-marrying purple to go with the dragon print, plus a couple of complimentary prints in gold/copper.

No comments:

Post a Comment