May 30, 2012

Bamboo Batting - More Complaints

OK - in April I told you about my bamboo batting headache. The tendency to shed and come through the fabric with the thread during quilting was pretty aggravating - but I just figured that I should use that kind of batting only for projects with light fabrics, and that way the little fibers wouldn't show.

Fair enough.

But now that the Forbidden Palace quilt (which I used it on) is done, I've discovered something else I'm not pleased with. The batting isn't warm!

To be fair, the shop clerk who told me about it DID say that it makes a "cooler quilt" - but in all honesty, I want my quilts to be warm.

Oh well... this is how we learn, isn't it?

So it's back to plain old polyester batting for me. Not fancy, not elegant, but dependable.

And less costly...

No comments:

Post a Comment