May 9, 2012

Quilt 11: "Trees" - Not As Easy As I Thought

I'm well into it now, finished all but the bottom two rows of blocks. When I came up with this design I thought it would be easy to piece together - but now that I'm into the bottom blocks it suddenly got harder. That's because the leaf blocks have different green backgrounds to them as I go further down to the "forest floor". At the top of the quilt, all the leaves had the same light sky blue. Now? quite different.

Here's the overall design again:
And here's a slight blow-up of the bottom blocks. There are 6 different "greens" here - and I have to keep them straight as I go along. It's tougher than you'd think.
Happily, though, I've managed to cut out the right number of blocks in the right colours and sizes.


And as I'm assembling things, I'm just taking it slow - checking, double-checking, triple checking they layouts before I stitch them together.
I'm down to the last 2 rows now and so far haven't had to rip anything out... yet.

ALMOST THERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment