July 25, 2012

Oh, No... Tell Me It Isn't So...

A heartbreaking tale of woe today. Last week I told you about the jelly rolls I recently purchased, and showed you this photo of the blue log cabin blocks I'd put together for one of the quilts...


...well...

I went to Spotlight with a friend to pick up the binding and backing for her quilt (the American Civil War prints) and took along one of the blue log cabin blocks so I could get the fabric needed to finish that one, too.

Oh.. pain.. pain.. regret.. great gnashing of teeth...

The store we went to is down in the city - about an hour's drive one way (that's where my friend lives). I came home and today (3 days later) realized that I must have left that block in the store at the cutting counter.

ARRRGGGGGHHH!!!!

I can't believe I did that. I just can't believe it.

However... fortunately, I need 7 blocks for the quilt - and had actually made 9 (was going to make cushion covers with the remains). So I'm OK. Just a little rattled...

No comments:

Post a Comment