July 11, 2012

Quilt 14: Let's Play "Spot The Goof"!

In many ways, this quilt has been one of the most satisfying ones I've done. However... it's also been a bit challenging.

 Two of the prints have stripes. They are lovely, but stripes, I'm finding, can be a little challenging because you need to make sure they are running in the right direction. As I was assembling the little triangle blocks, I had more than one occasion where I got the lines going wrong and had to pull the blocks apart and re-do them.

 I was ultra careful as I assembled the nine-patches, however, and got it right every time. I won't kid you; it wasn't easy... I had to really pay close attention so that the corner squares on those 15 nine-patch blocks all lined up right (there's a wavy stripe pattern in the corner squares.

All was going along well and Monday night I was congratulating myself on how quickly the blocks were coming together... I'd have this quilt top done in no time! I had one more seam to go - and then I saw it... OH, NOOOOOOOOO! Have a look:

Here's a closeup...see the direction of the wavy pink lines vs the wavy blue ones? Oh, nooooo! They should be going the same direction.


So once again, I'm using my LEAST favorite sewing tool:

And now here's the re-assembled top - with all the wavy lines going the right way.


And I'm happy to put this painful episode behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment