August 8, 2012

...and the answer is...

...apparently "no".

Last week I allowed myself to have the momentary fantasy that quilting would be a good cure for high blood pressure.  Well... quilting can be relaxing, which is good for blood pressure, but it won't, by itself, overcome the effects of having been VERY sedentary over the past 2-3 months.

So... Looks like I'm going to have to (gulp) set down my needle and thread from time to time and (gulp) EXERCISE!

So OK. I am no longer in denial.

I now solemnly promise to perform exercise - either walking (preferred) or riding my stationary bike (much loathed) - every day.

I much prefer walking. Walking doesn't feel like exercise. Walking feels like snooping (because I walk around the neighborhood and check out my neighbors' properties). The stationary bike is another matter. I hate it because it's boring. BUT... I have a PLAN!  Today I discovered that I can set a book up on the handlebars and I can set my computer mouse on the book - and with that, I can play

...(drumroll, please)...

SPIDER SOLITAIRE on the computer!

I'm never going to love this bike, but Spider Solitaire will make it bearable - at least for a while.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment