November 21, 2012

Florida Quilts - the one that got away

Isn't it gorgeous? I couldn't get a photo of it "straight-on" because it was just too big and hanging amid so many other quilts which were in the way - but even so, you can see it well enough here:

I adore the colours - the browns, peaches and blues.

It's a queen-size spread done with civil war prints. I just fell in love with it. I studied it a bit and am pretty sure I have the skill now to tackle it. So what stopped me? Well - it's a "block of the month" project. I just couldn't see getting into something like that when the shop is in Florida and I'm in Australia.

So I didn't.

Or I haven't...yet...

No.. no... no... I'm not going to.

No.

No.

2 comments:

  1. Oh ... If you like it - Go for it!
    Can you get the fabrics here? I love the floral border print [It would suit the no longer a mystery BOM I am doing atm ;-)] - Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly sure you can order it from them. They told me that they have customers in Australia and do ship here. Here's the store's website: http://www.thequiltplace.com/

    Look in the "block of the month" link for the "Women of Courage" quilt.

    ReplyDelete