December 26, 2012

Quilt 4: "It's All HAPPENING!" Merry Christmas!

Christmas Day is over. I enjoyed myself immensely and hope you enjoyed your day, too!

Of course there was never any hope of getting this Christmas quilt done before the big day, but that's OK. I'm still working on it, and just enjoying this special holiday project to the MAX!

Now that the center has been pieced together, all I have to do is add the border strips and we're there! Here we go - first two borders (narrow green band followed by a wide red band). Note that the red border has squares of the paisley print set in the center and on the corners.


And Hey! DONE!  Getting a photo of the top draped over the stairwell rail is, I guess, for me a tradition (below):


But the proof is seeing it on the bed (below).


I did alter the design slightly. I opted to keep the border at the top a little less wide. I didn't need it to be as wide as the bottom and sides.  Our bed has a latex mattress - quite thick - so I've had to make this quilt a "super-sized" queen - it's really almost a king size quilt, with the extra length added for the sides and bottom.

All set! Next: sandwich and pin!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - your top looks fabujous on the bed! Hope you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra! We had a lovely Christmas and New Year celebration. Hope you did, too!

    ReplyDelete