January 9, 2013

Quilter's Masking Tape

A couple of years ago, when I first started quilting, I went to a local quilting shop and had a chat with one of the gals working there. I asked her to suggest helpful tools. She was very helpful and one of the things she suggested was this very then roll of special masking tape.

I've had this roll since then, and have never used it...


Until NOW...

And boy, am I ever glad I've got it. I'm quilting my Christmas bedspread project now, and decided to do simple straight lines from point to point. The small red blocks are easy - but the wider "paisley" blocks are too big to get across without some kind of guide. This tape is fabulous. I just lay a little strip along the line I want to keep, press it into position and stitch away. Then, when I reach the end of the block, I can pick up the tape and use it in the next wide block.



The tape eventually stretches out and gets too wobbly to work with, but a single strip lasts quite a long time. Using it keeps my stitches straight without having to bother with a marking pen or chalk.

BRILLIANT!

No comments:

Post a Comment