August 21, 2013

Talent in Colorado - Part 2 of 3

More of Rob's quilts.. Here's one that just makes my eyes dance - a "3-D" pattern:
And here's a closeup - he's used some of the same prints as he did in the "small squares" quilt I showed you last week.  I marveled at how beautifully he's matched things up and he just shrugged and said he was just grabbing whatever piece was handy.  I just stand back and go "wow...".
Check out the blanket-stitch he's used to secure the binding - simply BRILLIANT!  And he's using different coloured threads to boot, lots of visual interest in this piece.

Rob signs the backs of his pieces with a little embroidery.  Hm... I should be doing something like this on mine, too..
Here's his latest project - it just makes my eyes dance to look at it... .and all hand-pieced.
As you've probably guessed, I've saved the best for last. Tune in next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment