September 28, 2016

Matilda's "Checkup"

Well, with all the quilting I've been doing lately, it certainly makes sense to have a maintenance check on "Matilda" (my longarm).  I actually did this back in June - and took photos at the time.  I was just looking at the photos and thought you might be curious about what the inside of a longarm looks like.

So here you go:

Here's the head opened up so you can see the workings.  It's really mostly a sewing machine, but of course has computerized components to control the stitching speed (the faster you move the head, the faster it sews).  I do have to laugh... somehow I imagined something a bit more, well, elaborate would be inside.
(As always, just doubleclick the picture above to see a larger image)
And here's a closeup of the bobbin mechanism.
Matilda passed inspection like a trooper.  There was a little bit of fluff and lint inside the case, but not as much as you might expect, given how much I've used the machine.

So she's all oiled up and ready for another year!

And "thank you" to Howard (of  Yarra Valley Quilt Yarn & Sew) for coming to perform the annual maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment