August 22, 2018

Quilt 111: "Queen of the Ranch" - DONE!

(Here it is.. my 400th post on this blog!!!!)
Another Moda charm square pack!  This one is all about horses and flowers.

It's feminine but not sugary.  The images are like the ones below - girls on horseback, horse shoes, roses and saddles.  The colours are muted pinks, blues and variations of tan/brown.
 And, as these simple charm square quilts always do, it came together in a flash.  The only thing that was a tad tricky was deciding what to border it with.  But I got lucky, finding a solid ash-rose muslin that marries well with the pinks (for the inner border and backing), and I had just the right amount of a coordinating blue in my stash of offcuts.
58" x 64" - quilted on the longarm ("shells" groovy boards) - cotton batting
I used the "shells"groovy boards, and a soft dove-grey thread which pretty much dissappears on the front - but you can see it on the backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment