August 29, 2018

Quilt 112: "Oriental Traditions" Kit (Disappearing 9-Patch)

At the April 2017 Australasian Quilt Convention, I saw a quilt kit that I fell in love with.  A simple quilt, the design involves a "disappearing 9-patch" block using oriental-inspired prints.  I've not done a "disappearing 9-patch" block before, so I was pretty sure it would be fun and easy.

First, I cut the fabrics in the kit into 6.5" blocks, and sewed them into a 9-patch block:
 Then I quartered the block:
And rotated the upper left and lower right squares:
 And stitched them together.
And there you have it: disappearing 9-patch!

I loved making this block and was simply amazed at how fast it came together.  Now to make the other 11 blocks for the quilt - it sure won't take long!

No comments:

Post a Comment