September 19, 2018

End-to-End Headaches with the Bernina Q-Matic after Advancing the Quilt

No - there's nothing wrong with the machine.  It's me.

Shelly, the dealer who sold me the system, is also the one who is teaching me how to use it.  One of the first things she showed me was how to do end-to-end quilting with the Q-Matic, and keep the rows lined up properly.

Well... it's just a little tricky and my brain didn't absorb the lesson well.  I had to ask her to show me again, which she did, but again I just didn't get it.

I hate to have to confess to her that I need yet a 3rd go and learning this - but thankfully I found a video on YouTube which shows how to tell the Q-Matic that the quilt has been advanced on the frame, and the starting point for the next row needs to be calculated.

Here's a link to the video: "BERNINA Q-matic Video Tutorial: Realign Safe Area"

So I played with it... and I can do the "adjust on screen", but "snap to point" isn't working.  Oh well... at least one of them works....

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment