February 8, 2012

Fabric=Yes/Design=No - "Blue Hawaii"

Is there such a thing as "too much fabric"? (No... don't answer that question...)

Here are three prints from Maui. I found this one first - a large print with diagonal white and blue lei bands:



This green compliments the green in the first one beautifully:



And then I found this one (my favorite of the three):



I also bought some solid turquoise for backing. When taking each of these photos, I took care to hold my camera the same distance from each fabric, so you can get an apples-to-apples comparison of the relative size of the prints on each piece. The largest of the green flowers (in the middle piece) are 3/4" across.

As you can see from the photos, the fabrics are very prone to wrinkling and don't lay neatly. The bolts weren't marked, but I'm pretty sure all three are 100% polyester. I love the colours and the silky feel - but suspect that when the time comes to quilt, I'm going to be pulling my hair out; I doubt that needles will pass through the fabric as easily as they do 100% cotton. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment