February 1, 2012

Lead me not into temptation...

It's called "The Fabric Frolic", and from what my friend and quilting guru Pauline tells me, it's an annual event.

You start out with a "passport" and visit the seven different participating quilt shops. After purchasing a meter or more of fabric, your passport will be stamped, bringing you closer to being eligible for the prize drawings at the end of the "frolic" period. If you manage to get a completed passport (ie: stamps from all seven shops), you're in!

Last year, when Pauline told me about it, I bowed out with some lame excuse (can't remember now what the excuse was). This year, however, I was honest and told her the truth: I'm AFRAID of this thing. I've already got heaps of fabric brought back from the US (I haven't even finished telling you about it here on the blog!) and, well, OK... I DID walk through Spotlight last week without buying any fabric - but that was last week. Folks, I'm just not strong enough to resist the gravitational pull of a Fabric Frolic.

So in the interest of my credit card balance - and knowing my own devils... I'm abstaining again this year.

Well, I was, until I drove by Foothills Fabric and Threads (in Tecoma) today and saw the "Fabric Frolic" banner waving enticingly above their shop window... ....no, no, no... I will not give in. I will be strong....

2 comments:

  1. But are you STABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)? If not ... then go for it!!! (Val)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear...

    No, actually I don't think I am STABLE. Perhaps you are right...

    ReplyDelete