February 6, 2013

Quilt 15: "William Morris" Prints - Design

A few weeks back I mentioned the "William Morris" prints I bought in a "layer cake" package:
The colours and prints are stunning - here's that top piece out of the package:
And here's a few more of the prints:
As I've been working on the Christmas quilt, I've been thinking about different designs to show off those prints and... well... here it is!
I like the idea of doing nine-patch blocks for this one, with simple cream prints to showcase them. Pauline, my quilting guru, went shopping with me and helped me pick out the cream prints, so I'm all set.

I'm still working on the Christmas quilt - and have pulled out quilt number 4 (a baby quilt) to finish. With those two projects wrapping up soon, I'm going to need to get busy piecing something together or I'm going to run out of quilting.

Can't let THAT happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment