April 3, 2013

It's Not What You Spent, It's What You Saved

Back in November 2012, I posted about the closing of a local quilt shop. Foothills Fabric and Threads is gone now, but fondly remembered. The last few days before they closed, they had big sale - 30% off of just about everything in the shop.

Well... Pauline (my quilting guru), Beck (like me, one of Pauline's disciples), and I couldn't resist. No... we were caught in the tractor beam. Just moths to the flame. You get the picture. Yeah... "feeding frenzy".

 It would take more space than this blog has to show you everything... but here's some of the loot:
The photo above is a small part of Pauline's fabric. I just love her sense of colour. When I look at these prints laying there together, I think: "Of course!" - but could I have assembled that collection - not on your life. Pauline's got a real talent for pairing up things. Just brilliant.

Now - this one below is Beck's - or I think it is:
A fresh "catch" - still in the bag. And here are those prints set out so you can see the collection. Simply gorgeous!
I think this one is Beck's too... or maybe it's Pauline's? Hm... can't recall. It's been too long ago.
This is Pauline's "esky" - but what's inside? NOT FOOD!
NO! It's chock-full of quarters, jelly rolls, bits and pieces!
And here we are - clutching our very-full shopping bags (from left to right - me, Pauline, Beck).
"Hey, Honey! Look how much I SAVED!!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment