April 24, 2013

Now, where did I put my...

...motivation?

Oh dear. I've mislaid it again.

Every so often I just crash and burn - totally go off the rails and stop working on my projects. That's happened to me just recently. It's a temporary condition, of course, but every so often it just happens.

Little twinges of guilt here and there - but, gee, I just can't seem to pick things up and keep going.

Went down to Wantirna today and had a cuppa with Pauline, my quilting guru. I took my Christmas quilt (yes... it's still unfinished...) and sat at her dining room table and worked on it a bit while we chatted. I think that may have done the trick for me - Pauline is a good motivator.

She's off  of quilting at the moment, too, poor thing - but for a totally different reason: she's hurt her thumb and is on doctor's orders to "rest" it. So no quilting for her for a bit yet.

Anyway... I came home feeling a little more ambitious - maybe I'll work on something tonight while we're watching TV.

Hopefully this "dry spell" is over now....

(Thanks, Pauline!)

No comments:

Post a Comment