July 10, 2013

Best Little Quilt Shop - Part 3

Just a couple more The Quilt Place:

A fellow customer came by when I was admiring the samples hanging on the side wall - she set her bag down while she was selecting prints for her next project and I caught a glimpse of it - how CLEVER!  All 2 inch squares sown into a lovely over-the-shoulder sling bag. OOOOOO!  She didn't want to be in the photo (other than her right arm), but gave me the OK to have a photo for the blog.

This animal print (below) I'd seen last October - and laughed at it. I thought it was terribly silly - until I touched it. Super soft fur - and oh so luxurious.  One touch and I had to have one. Bought the fabric then and there, but neglected to take a photo at the time. Thankfully, they still have it displayed:

 Here's a closeup:
The sales clerk warned me to read the instructions on this one carefully - and to note that the seam allowance should be 1/2 inch (instead of the usual 1/4 you'd use on calico).  The backing is also fur - and it's all machine quilted.  I've got the kit in my UFO closet - and have to admit that every time I get it out and look at it... well.. I'm intimidated. One of these days I'll get brave, though, and have at it. I'll probably find it's easier to do than I think it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment