November 7, 2018

Quilt 119: Nell's Flower Shop - DONE!

This quilt is a kit from "Patchwork with Gail B".  I've been in love with this design for years and finally broke down and bought the kit.  It looks so elaborate, but is actually so simple!

You start with 2 packs of charm squares:
Doubleclick any photo on this page to see a larger image
And here's the finished quilt.  Basically, all you do is cut the charm squares into into 2/5" squares, then sew them around blocks of a coordinating (and lighter) fabric.  Tack on borders, and you're there!

I was so surprised at how fast this went.
63" x 63" - quilted with the Q-Matic ("Aloha Petite_PRPANTO10" quilt design) - cotton batting
Here's the quilting pattern I selected from the library that came with the Q-Matic.  I used tan thread, which beautifully disappears into the prints.
For the backing, I managed to get a few meters of fabric on sale that happened to be part of the same Moda line.  A bargain!
I loved making this quilt and I have quite a few charm square packs that I ordered online and will really work with this design.

You're going to see a lot more of these (in different prints, of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment