February 10, 2019

Quilt 140: Flight 1 - DONE!

As part of my New Years' resolutions, I vowed to make more quilts for boys (for donation to the charity "Inspirational Quilts").  I'm working on that now.

I found this set of charm squares at Gail B's not long ago.  All airplanes, stripes and dots:
 I decided to just do a plain rows-and-columns quilt for this one, wanting to whip it up fairly quickly.  Here I've got the squares laid out, ready to pin and start sewing.
And here's the finished quilt:
47" x 67" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic - bamboo batting
Here's the quilt stitch pattern I used:
 
And a closeup of the top showing the airplane prints:
 The backing is a soft navy - and I used light grey thread, which shows up beautifully on the back:
I really like this one - and when I was finishing it, my quilting guru Pauline sent me a message to let me know Gail B. had a sale on - so I ran out and grabbed a couple more packs of the same print while they were on sale.  Now I'm deciding whether to do another like this one or something different... hm....


No comments:

Post a Comment