February 24, 2019

Quilt 143: Moda "Sonnet Collection" Charm Squares - DONE!

Another charm square quilt!  This one is done with Moda's "Sonnet Collection" charm squares.  I love the rich tones, the creams, deep peachy orange, turquoise, green and browns.
I know I make a lot of these, but I so enjoy tossing them together.  The outer borders are from my scrap stash - how cool is that?!?!
48" x 62" - quilted on the Q-Matic - bamboo batting
Here's a closeup of some of the squares:
The quilting is done with soft grey thread.  I'm surprised, really, at how often grey is such a great choice.  It disappears in the print squares but shows up beautifully in the solid borders.

The stitch pattern is "Leafarama2" - one of the patterns which came with the Q-Matic.
The stitching shows up much better on the backing.
So there you are - another classic "simple squares" quilt.
s

No comments:

Post a Comment