February 17, 2019

Quilt 142: Sunflowers of Provence Charm Square - DONE!

Here's another charm square quilt, this time with Moda's "Sunflowers of Provence" collection:
(doublclick any photo on this page to see a larger image)
It's bright, cheery and loaded with flowers.  I do have to laugh, however - as I didn't spend enough time arranging the squares, and do you see the goofs here?  I've got all the stripes on the left, the whites and reds aren't evenly distributed.
46" x 57" - quilted on the Q-Matic ("Leafarama2" stitch design) - bamboo batting
Even so, it's still a very pretty quilt.

Here's the stitch pattern I selected:
I decided to be bold and opt for dark green thread, with a solid mustard backing.  I tend to go with light threads, but just wanted to see what it would look like with a bold dark colour.  It looks fine on the front - but the back is stunning!  Best of all, with the dense, dark quilting, the seam in the backing (a problem with solid backings that are pieced) pretty much fades from view.
What a great picnic quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment