March 16, 2011

My Evil Friend Pauline

So there I was - pretty much under control. The household budget has been safe for a while because I've been unable to drive during my recovery from surgery. Unable to drive means unable to get to the quilt shop. And that means unable to spend money on fabric.

Just when you thought it was safe...

...here comes an email from Pauline (my friend and quilting guru).

She's found a quilt shop in Beaumaris that specializes in Japanese and Australian prints. Now... Japanese and Australian prints are my current passion - I'm mad for both. This is bad - really bad - but because Beaumaris is about an hour's drive from here, I should be safe. My surgeon has approved me for driving "short distances" - but a trip to Beaumaris is out of the question at the moment.

So I'm safe.

Or am I?

Wait... no... UH OH.....

This store has a website - you can order fabric. The online fabric stores I've seen are so horribly designed that it's just about impossible to really "shop". Usually the pages load slowly and are so badly organized that you can't really find things.

Not this one. It's incredible. With one click you can see their fabrics - everything on a single page. And that's not all - you can have the assortment organized by colour, by "culture", by manufacturer and design. And... (oh, this is BRILLIANT) whoever photographed the fabric swatches had the brains to put a 50 cent coin in each picture - so you have a way of seeing the scale of the prints.

Curious? Have a look: Chandler's Cottage

Pauline - where ever you are right now... God bless 'ya, evil girlfriend!

(I feel my credit card a twitchin'...)

No comments:

Post a Comment