December 12, 2018

Quilt 124: "Faded Memories" (encore) - DONE!

Way back in 2010 I bought a quilt kit for Patchwork With Gail B (one of my favorite shops).  It was my 3rd quilt, and turned out fabulous.  (Click here to see my original post about that quilt).

Back last August, the shop had a big sale, and they even had those kits marked down!  I couldn't resist - figured it would be a good one to send on to Inspirational Quilts (a great charity).

The quilt is made from Moda's "Faded Memories" charm squares:
 And here's the prints that come in this pack.
Thee quilt consists of simple "snowball" blocks with a border.

Here's a closeup of the blocks.  The "snowball" corners alternate dusty rose and grey green.  Very simple but also very effective.

I quilted it on the longarm using a simple "eternity" loop design.  Here's the backing, where it's easier to see the quilt pattern.
And here's the design (from the Q-Matic manual):
I loved doing this quilt again.  Even though there are over 500 pieces in the top, it was a fairly fast and satisfying project.  And the fact that it was "fast" tickles me a lot, because I remember spending hours and hours on it way back in 2010.  I guess I've come a long way in my 8 years of quilting - have learned a few things that reduces the amount of time it takes me to put a quilt together.

No comments:

Post a Comment